Spring Break in Spain

To kick off spring break I went to Spain for 5 nights! I started the trip off in Madrid where my family friend Rocio goes to school! I was lucky to have her as my tour guide! Our first day we grabbed some delicious breakfast by her apartment and went to the palacio de cristal which was very cool. The perfect spot for a good mirror picture!

Afterwards we walked around in the park and rowed a boat which was so much fun. It was very sunny out and around 60 degrees which was perfect. Rocio then took us to try a popular Spanish food called sepia in the Plaza Mayor. The next day we walked around the food market: Mercado de San Miguel. I had my favorite Spanish dish, tortilla de patatas. It was so neat to walk around and look at all of the different options. 

We then took the train to Valencia where Rocio is from! The weather was even better there which was a nice change from rainy Ireland. It was in the 80s while we were there! We got to go to a soccer (fútbol) game which was such a fun experience. Valencia was playing Club Atlético Osasuna and they won which made it a very fun atmosphere. 

The city of Valencia was preparing for their Fallas Festival while we were there so we got to see a lot of their preparations. I also got to try paella which I was very excited about, it was great! We then sat at the harbor and watched the sunset to finish off the night!

On our last day Rocio showed us around Valencia more and we walked around the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, their museum of arts and sciences. Then she took us to her house where we got to lounge by the pool and get some sun. It was a very relaxing end to the trip! For dinner we went to Rocio’s favorite restaurant Voltereta Bienvenido a bali which had delicious spanish food and was very cute inside! 

Next I will spend the week in Italy!